Discover the secrets to a killer midsection: Men’s abs workouts that really work
A chiseled midsection is a hallmark of a fit and healthy physique. Achieving a six-pack is not just about aesthetics but it also indicates that the body is in great shape. However, it can be a challenge for many men to develop their abs, especially if they are not following the right workout routine. In this article, we will discuss the secrets to a killer midsection and the best men’s ab workouts that really work.
First things first, diet plays an essential role in achieving a six-pack. To reveal the abs, one needs to lower their body fat percentage, and this can be achieved by eating a healthy diet that is low in processed foods and added sugars. Instead, focus on consuming whole foods such as lean proteins, fruits, veggies, and healthy fats.
Once your diet is on track, it’s time to focus on your ab workout routine. Some of the best ab workouts for men include:
1. Plank – Plank is a core-strengthening exercise that targets the whole midsection. It involves holding a pushup position with your forearms and toes on the ground, keeping your body in a straight line. You can hold this position for 30 seconds to a minute.
2. Bicycle crunch – This exercise targets your upper and lower abs, and obliques. Lie flat on your back with your hands behind your head, crunch up, and bring your left elbow to your right knee, straightening your left leg. Alternate sides for 15 to 20 reps.
3. Russian twist – This exercise targets your obliques and helps to give your abs that “V” shape. Sit on the ground with your knees bent and your feet on the floor. Lean back slightly and lift your feet off the ground, then clasp your hands together in front of your chest and rotate your torso side to side for 20 reps.
4. Leg raises – Leg raises target your lower abs. Lie flat on your back with your hands under your hips and your legs straight up in the air. Lower your legs slowly towards the ground without touching it and then raise them back up for 15 to 20 reps.
5. Swiss ball crunch – The Swiss ball crunch is a variation of the basic crunch, but it targets the abs more effectively. Lie back on a Swiss ball with your hands behind your head. Crunch up and exhale as you reach the top, then lower back down for 15 to 20 reps.
In conclusion, achieving a killer midsection requires a combination of a healthy diet and effective ab workouts. By incorporating these five men’s ab workouts into your routine, you will see results in no time. Remember to stay consistent and gradually increase your workout intensity to see progress.