Want Bigger, Stronger Muscles? Follow These Expert-Recommended Men’s Build Muscle Plans
If you want to gain bigger, stronger muscles, you need to have a solid plan in place. There’s a lot of information online about how to achieve your muscle-building goals, but not all of it is reliable or tailored to your specific needs.
That’s why we’ve compiled expert-recommended men’s build muscle plans to guide you on your journey. These plans are designed by trainers and athletes who have experience in the field of bodybuilding and weightlifting.
Before diving into the plans, it’s essential to understand the basics of building muscle. It’s not just about lifting heavy weights and eating a lot of protein. Muscle growth occurs when your muscles are repeatedly challenged by resistance exercises, requiring them to adapt and grow stronger. Adequate rest and recovery time also play a crucial role in muscle building.
Now, let’s take a look at the plans:
1. The 5×5 Program: This program, popularized by strength-training coach Mark Rippetoe, focuses on five sets of five reps of compound exercises. The goal is to lift progressively heavier weights over time, building strength and muscle mass. The program typically involves three workouts per week, consisting of squats, deadlifts, bench presses, overhead presses, and barbell rows.
2. The German Volume Training Program: This program involves performing ten sets of ten reps of a single exercise while using a weight that’s 60% of your one-rep max. The idea is to stimulate muscle growth by targeting specific muscle groups intensely. This program is known for its high volume and is best suited for experienced lifters.
3. The Powerbuilding Program: This program combines powerlifting and bodybuilding techniques to build both strength and muscle mass. The workouts involve heavy compound lifts like squats, deadlifts, and bench presses, followed by isolation exercises to target specific muscle groups. This program is ideal for those looking to improve their overall strength and physique.
4. The Push-Pull Legs (PPL) Program: This program focuses on three basic movements: pushing, pulling, and leg exercises. The plan includes one day each for push exercises (chest, shoulders, triceps), pull exercises (back, biceps), and leg exercises (quads, hamstrings, calves). The goal is to balance muscle development and achieve a well-rounded physique.
5. The Upper-Lower Split Program: This program involves dividing your workouts into upper body and lower body days. The upper body days include exercises for the chest, back, shoulders, and arms, while the lower body days focus on the legs, glutes, and abs. This program is ideal for those looking to improve their overall strength and build muscle mass evenly throughout the body.
In conclusion, building muscle requires hard work, dedication, and a solid plan. The expert-recommended men’s build muscle plans we’ve outlined above are designed to help you achieve your muscle-building goals. Whatever program you choose, be sure to prioritize rest and recovery, as well as proper nutrition, to see the best results.