The Best Strength Training Workouts to Do at Home
As more people are staying home due to the current pandemic, finding ways to stay active and healthy have become more challenging. Strength training is one of the best ways to become stronger, build muscle, and prevent injuries. It can be done with minimal equipment at home and can help improve overall health and wellness.
Here are some of the best strength training workouts to do at home.
1. Bodyweight squats: Bodyweight squats are great for strengthening your legs, glutes, and core. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, and lower your body until your thighs are parallel to the ground. Pause for a few seconds, then return to the starting position. Repeat for 10-15 reps.
2. Push-ups: Push-ups are great for strengthening your chest, shoulders, triceps, and core. Start in a plank position, and lower your body until your chest touches the ground. Push back up to the starting position. Do 10-15 reps.
3. Lunges: Lunges are excellent for working your quads, hamstrings, and glutes. Start by standing up straight, and then step forward with one leg until your thigh is parallel to the ground. Lower your body until your back knee is just above the ground, then push back up to the starting position. Repeat on the other leg. Do 10-15 reps on each leg.
4. Planks: Planks are great for working your core muscles. Start in a push-up position but hold yourself up on your forearms. Keep your body straight and your abs tight. Hold for 30-60 seconds.
5. Glute bridges: Glute bridges are great for strengthening the glutes and lower back muscles. Lie on your back with your knees bent, and your feet flat on the ground. Squeeze your glutes and lift your hips off the ground until your body forms a straight line from your shoulders to your knees. Hold for a few seconds, then lower back down. Repeat for 10-15 reps.
6. Dumbbell rows: Dumbbell rows are great for strengthening your back muscles. Hold a dumbbell in one hand, and place the opposite knee and hand on a bench or chair. Lift the dumbbell up to your chest, keeping your elbow close to your body. Lower it back down. Repeat for 10-15 reps on each arm.
7. Dumbbell curls: Dumbbell curls are great for working your biceps. Hold a dumbbell in each hand, and stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Curl the dumbbells up to your shoulders, keeping your elbows close to your body. Lower them back down. Repeat for 10-15 reps.
These exercises are simple, effective, and can be done at home with minimal equipment. Incorporate them into your fitness routine to build strength and improve your overall health and fitness. Remember to start with lighter weights and gradually increase as you get stronger.