Men’s Ab Workouts for Every Fitness Level
Abdominal muscles are a crucial part of the human body that helps in maintaining posture, supporting the spine, and, of course, giving the body a toned and muscular look. Men typically find it challenging to get those perfect ab muscles, but with the right ab workouts, you can achieve the desired results.
There are various ab workouts available that cater to different fitness levels, making it easier for men to achieve their ab goals. Here are some ab workouts for every fitness level:
If you are just starting out, you need to begin with simple and basic ab workouts. This will help you understand your body’s muscle movements and protect you from injuries. Some simple ab workouts for beginners include:
1. Crunches: This is the most basic and common ab workout. Lie flat on your back, bend your knees, feet flat on the ground, and hands behind your head. With the elbows wide open, lift your shoulders and upper back off the ground, while keeping your lower back on the ground. Take a pause at the top, then release, and repeat.
2. Plank: Get down on all fours and place your arms shoulder-width apart. Push off the ground and straighten your arms and legs, creating a straight line from your ankles to your shoulders. Engage your core and hold the position for 30 seconds to a minute.
Once you are comfortable with the beginner level workouts, you can move on to the intermediate level. These workouts will challenge your body and take your ab game to the next level. Some intermediate level workouts include:
1. Bicycle Crunches: Lie flat on your back, hands behind your head, elbows wide open, and legs bent at a 90-degree angle. Move your left elbow to your right knee, straightening the left leg simultaneously. Then move your right elbow to your left knee, straightening the right leg simultaneously. Continue the movement alternatively.
2. Mountain climbers: Get into a plank position and start driving your knees into your chest, one at a time. You need to do so rapidly, like you’re running up a mountain, engaging your core the entire time.
For men who have better flexibility and core strength, advanced ab workouts will provide a new level of challenge. These workouts test your endurance and willpower. Some advanced workouts include:
1. Dragon Flags: Lie on a bench, holding onto the bench with your hands. Lift your legs straight up, with your toes pointing towards the ceiling. Engage your core, and using your abs, lift your hips off the bench, creating a straight line from head to toe, then slowly lower back down.
2. Russian twists with a Medicine Ball: Sit on the ground, holding a medicine ball, and lift your legs off the ground, forming a V-shape with your body. Lean back slightly, rotate your upper body, and touch the ball to the ground on your right before rotating and repeating the movement on the left.
The above-mentioned ab workouts cater to men of different fitness levels; therefore, it is essential to choose the workout according to your body’s fitness level. However, it is important to remember that while ab workouts are great for a toned body, they shouldn’t be the only workouts in your regime. It’s essential to work on the entire body to achieve overall fitness.